September 18, 2007

The Alabama Learning Exchange (ALEX) is an awesome web site for teachers and parents. It lists every subject known to be taught in schools and gives a detailed chronological order to teach by. I went to the mathematics section of the site and clicked on 4 grade and saw exactly what my son was going to be learning in math this year. We changed schools this school year and I was a little upset to see that he was doing rounding when last year at his former school he was already in fractions. I was under the impression that he was in a poor school but now I know that this criteria is state wide.

As a aspiring teacher alex is a great companion it shows examples of lesson plans while offering space to make and save ones own lesson plan. Teaching has really upgraded and is rapidly loosing its paper trail. Now all I need to do is make my Laptop personal.

No comments: