September 24, 2007

Teachers are converting to blogs because they Provide a place for regular writing practice as well as cutting done the paper trail. I also gives the student and teacher a one one form of communication with direct feedback. I gives the shy student a chance to shine.

Mark Ahlness, a third grade teacher, http://www.halcyon.com/arborhts/arbor.html at Seattle's Arbor Heights Elementary School introduced blogs to his class as a project. He said never in 25 years of teaching had he seen a more powerful motivator for writing than blogs.

Here is a picture of Mr. Ahlness's class working on their blogs. Mr Ahlness says the first step is to learn how to type. Classroom blogging is wonderful I didn't learn to type until I was in the eighth grade I had a choice Auto shop, Home Ec., or typing I picked the easiest.


No comments: